Vermeer continues to develop new technology to minimize the labor involved in the organic waste recycling industry with the introduction of the Vermeer CS3500 contaminant separator. Using the combination of grizzly screens, shaker tables, vacuums, an air manifold and an optional magnetic pulley to remove a wide range of contaminant types, the CS3500 helps recycling operations produce high volumes of quality compost and mulch.
“Organic recycling is important to help keep materials that can be used to make compost, soils and mulch out of landfills,” said Jay Van Roekel, product manager for Vermeer Environmental. “The challenge most recycling facilities face is separating nonorganic waste and other materials that do not break down from their end products. Plastics and other materials are often introduced early into the recycling process, and there have not been effective ways to remove them afterward. Therefore, Vermeer developed the CS3500 contaminant separator. Now, recycling operations can get the most from the material they are working with to produce more end products.”
How the CS3500 works
- Stage 1: Incoming material from screening equipment is loaded onto the CS3500 contaminant separator’s 9-ft (2.7-m) high, 36-in x 60-in (91.4-cm x 152.4-cm) infeed shaker table. The deck’s pyramid design spreads incoming material out across the width of the table before it passes through an adjustable grizzly screen that removes large debris.
- Stage 2: After material passes through the grizzly screen, the contaminant separator’s infeed belt transports it to the top of the machine, where it drops onto a vibrating shaker table. During the fall, an infeed vacuum removes lightweight debris from the material.
- Stage 3: The shaker table agitates the material as it travels across the surface to free remaining contaminants. In addition, the CS3500 air manifold blows across to the table to remove bulky, lightweight debris like Styrofoam and plastic bottles that a vacuum cannot pick up.
- Stage 4: At the end of the shaker table, a second organic vacuum pulls remaining light contaminants from the material as it falls onto the discharge conveyor belt./li>
- Optional Stage 5: Users can add a magnetic pulley to the front of the discharge belt to remove small ferrous metals, like nails and screws, from the end product.
- Contaminant removal: All contaminants removed in each stage are rerouted to an adjustable trash conveyor. This flexible conveyor adjusts for loading containers, trucks and stacked piles.
A 74-hp (55-kW) DEUTZ diesel hybrid electric engine powers the Vermeer CS3500 contaminant separator. Operators also have the option to run the machine directly from an external power source. During operation, the CS3500 maintains a low operator sound level of 103.5 dB(A).
The machine’s full-function remote control allows operators to make operating adjustments, log machine data and diagnose fault codes. Users can also make adjustments from the full-color 7-in (17.9-cm) touchscreen on the machine. And the CS3500 comes with Vermeer telematics for monitoring engine hours, location, geofencing and over-the-air-programing (OTAP).
The CS3500 is designed with service in mind, with optimal access machine service points. Also, the infeed is covered, and the trash conveyor is covered and curtained to help contain contaminants during operation.
Contact your nearest Vermeer dealer and for more information about the Vermeer CS3500 contaminant separator.
About Vermeer Corporation
Vermeer delivers a real impact on the way important work gets done through the manufacture of high-quality tree care and environmental, underground construction, agricultural and surface mining equipment. With a reputation for being built tough and built in a better way, Vermeer equipment is backed by localized customer service and support provided by independent dealers around the world. To learn more about Vermeer, products, the dealer network and financing options, visit vermeer.com.
Vermeer Corporation reserves the right to make changes in engineering, design and specifications; add improvements; or discontinue manufacturing at any time without notice or obligation. Equipment shown is for illustrative purposes only and may display optional accessories or components specific to their global region.
Please contact your local Vermeer dealer for more information on machine specifications.