Throughout this event, Vermeer has kept one goal in mind: Keep team members healthy and well while maintaining productivity to meet our customers’ needs. Leaning on information from the United States Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO), Vermeer is taking a number of actions out of caution for our team members and the people we serve. These actions include:
- Forming a response team dedicated to following COVID-19, the trends around it and the best practices to navigate through it. We are guided by our goal to take care of those around us while staying focused on delivering Vermeer yellow iron and parts to those who need them.
- Limiting most travel for Vermeer team members, restricting visitors and focusing on keeping team members well. This includes limiting our physical participation in key industry events through at least mid-April.
- Re-enforcing or enhancing our standard operating procedures for the cleaning and care of our Vermeer facilities.
- Promoting individual self-awareness, including the practice of proper hygiene such as frequent hand washing, reducing physical greetings and being aware of social distance.
- Working closely with our supply chain and logistics partners to align on best practices as shipments move in and out of our facilities to limit exposure and avoid any potential disruption to our parts and equipment deliveries our customers depend on.
As we apply these steps, we are working closely with our dealers as we together help our people stay well and ensure our customers get the equipment, parts and support they need to make a positive impact in their communities in a healthy and productive way.
We will continue to communicate with our dealers, customers and partners as the situation evolves. Any questions regarding our activities related to COVID-19 can be directed to [email protected].