Last updated: June 9, 2020
Equipped for critical work
Vermeer continues to operate during the COVID-19 pandemic because we have been designated essential by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. Our number one priority is the health and safety of our team members and the people we serve. Since the COVID-19 outbreak, we have followed cleaning, hygiene and distancing protocols recommended by the CDC and World Health Organization in our operations. As we monitor our team members’ health, we are staying focused on supporting our customers who are designated as essential infrastructure workers. These individuals use our equipment and parts on farms to help feed and fuel their communities, and in cities and landscapes across the country to maintain and install water, gas, sewer, electrical and telecommunications infrastructure that are critical for people to access life’s necessities. We are committed to supporting this critical work at our factories and through our worldwide dealer network, while also making sure we take the right steps to protect the health and well-being of our team and communities.
The safety of our team
In light of the evolving condition of COVID-19 around the world, Vermeer has been closely monitoring the situation and its potential impact to Vermeer team members, customers and dealers.
Throughout this event, Vermeer has kept one goal in mind: Keep team members healthy and well while maintaining productivity to meet our customers’ needs.
The actions we are taking
Leaning on information from the United States Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO), Vermeer continues to monitor the current situation and take the following actions out of caution for our team members and the people we serve. These actions include:
- We have formed a response team dedicated to following COVID-19, the trends around it and the best practices to navigate through it. We are guided by our goal to take care of those around us while staying focused on delivering Vermeer yellow iron and parts to those who need them.
- Restricting travel for Vermeer team members and visitors onsite.
- An upgraded cleaning regimen to clean and sanitize our Vermeer facilities.
- Implementing a daily wellness screening process and temperature check for team members and business partners entering a Vermeer facility.
- Promoting individual self-awareness, including the practice of proper hygiene such as frequent hand washing, reducing physical greetings, being aware of social distance and leveraging technology to communicate.
- Working closely with our supply chain and logistics partners to align on best practices as shipments move in and out of our facilities to limit exposure and avoid any potential disruption to our parts and equipment deliveries our customers depend on.
As we apply these steps, we are working closely with our dealers as we together help our people stay well and ensure our customers get the equipment, parts and support they need to make a positive impact in their communities in a healthy and productive way.
We will continue to communicate with our dealers, customers and partners as the situation evolves. Any questions regarding our activities related to COVID-19 can be directed to [email protected].